Just a few things since the holiday. HAPPY NEW YEAR to all!!!
A couple of things since the holiday. Colleen, Jayson and I took Maggie to get her ears pearced. She has been wanting to do this for a while now but kept chickening out when she got there. Gramma did not let her chicken out this time. She did cry and it took her about an hour to get over her anger but she told me later how happy she was I made her do it. All has gone well with them and she is counting the days until she can start changing her earrings.
The ones in her ear now are dolphins.

Emily and Nick have had plenty of time to bond with him home on vacation and Becky has taken many pictures. Nick has always...and still loves...Baby Einstein Videos. Here he is...introducing Emily to his favorite.

Emily also loves to sit in her bouncer and watch the guys....Nick and Chris...play Mario games on the new Wii. Becky said she is not sure what is more exciting. The guys jumping around or Mario jumping around. Becky took this pic of Emily in her Bumpo. NOOO...she is not so strong yet that she holds her head up that well....but with Nick behind her she did really well.

Her brother adores her more then we could have ever imagined. Today we took him out bumming with us and one of our stops was the nail salon. He walked around with his Mom's cell phone showing everyone in the place pictures of his sister, telling each person how adorable she is.
Emily was in Gramma's pool for the first time over the holiday also. She seemed to like it until it was time to get out. Then she cried...but remember the water was nice and warm and the windy air was a bit cooler. Em has a swim diaper on. It could easily be pulled up to her armpits since the smallest size they make was HUGE. LOL

The question is do I have a life outside these kids? Not really. LOL. I did make a recent purchase though. We just ordered a good OLD Nintendo NES. Yes...the original that comes with Super Mario. We debated on a Wii and decided instead to get what we know and love. Now I can spend time teaching Nick instead of him teaching me even though I am out of practice. The good thing is it will get me away from my audiobooks for a while. I am looking forward to playing on the big flat screen TV.
John and I had a quiet New Years Eve. Watched a couple of movies that we had recorded and just relaxed and yes...struggled to stay awake until midnight. It is hard getting old.
Again...Happy New Year to all.


No comments:
Post a Comment