Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Nick is proud to introduce Miss Emily

Miss Emily entered the world at 8:01 this morning. She weighs in at 8lbs. and is 20.25 inches long with a head full of dark hair.
Nick is in awe. When we first arrived in the room...which was the recovery room...he was afraid to touch her. It didn't take long for us to warm him up and after that he could not take his hands off her. When we were moving Becky and Baby to the third floor he helped Daddy push the bassinet and just kept holding her little hand and petting her. He was NOT happy when they took her to the nursery to be cleaned up.
For now I have just added some pictures. We did a couple of quick videos that I need to process. When Nick was holding her in the rocking chair and she started to cry he starting singing Rock-a-Bye baby. You may not be able to hear his singing but in the video he is singing to her and she quiets down and actually yawns. He was unbelievable thrilled and it brought tears to both sets of Grandparents and his Mom and Dad.
Chris is over the moon. I was ready to shoot him since I had not heard word one by 9:45 and was getting worried but he just COULD NOT put her down. LOL.
Becky is doing fine. Maybe a little tired but seems to feel better this time after the c-section then with Nick.

At this point the boy was still afraid to touch her.


Bright eyed Miss Emily


Looking at my big brother. They say babies recognize voices in the womb and Emily's reaction to Nick's voice certainly makes it ring true with what we witnessed when he talked to her this morning. I think she quieted more for him then anyone else.




4 comments:

Victoria said...

What beautiful pictures of sweet growing family - what a great beginning of a new chapter for your family. happy Birthday, sweet Emily.

Peggy said...

Congratulations to all! I really enjoyed seeing the photos!

Anonymous said...

Precious oh so precious moments captured on film, Sue. Emily is a beautiful newborn, and there's no doubt that she and Nick already share a bond. Congratulations to everyone and welcome to the world, Ms. Emily!
Lynne

Anonymous said...

Sue - I am on vacation but got a chance to read some of the board today. Miss Emily is absolutely beautiful and Nick looks delighted to have a baby sister. Congratulations to all.

Janet