Monday, June 15, 2009

What's new?

The most exciting thing today is Maggie's new haircut. Let me stick in a picture first, to remind you of the long beautiful hair Maggie had.

June 27th, 2008

She had a couple of trims since this picture, but did not go short. Today when Colleen took Maggie in for a "trim" Maggie told Mommy she wanted a haircut like Aunt Becky's. It is close. Not as short but really close. She looks adorable and she LOVES her hair. Mommy is not to happy, but Maggie loves it and that is most important. I can't wait to take my blow dryer and curling brush to it.


June 15th, 2009. Such a little lady. And those adorable freckles she is getting.


Today was also Nick and Elliot's first swim lesson of the year. Lea, the wonderful young lady who gives them lessons in my yard, was amazed at how secure they are in the water now. The boys are funny. The last few days they honed their skills. It was like they knew Lea was coming so they had to get ready. Both boys started diving down in the deep water to get rings they had thrown in, advancing their ability to hold their breath for longer periods of time and being able to push themselves deeper. Lea was extremely impressed with how far they have come. Now the boys have to get serious again and start using their arms. They tread water like pros. Nick floats on his back like a pro and both boys get where they need to go kicking but this year they will be working harder to actually SWIM. She had them coming off the diving board and swimming to the other end of the pool. Both boys were very tired after the lesson. We opted for 45 minute lessons this year and it is a good thing Lea said an hour was too long. I did not take any pictures or video yet but I am sure you will see some soon.

Yesterday I was climbing in search of the child locks from Nick. I discovered a few things way up on those closet shelves. One of them was a 6 to 12 month Old Navy cap. Blue Denim material. From Nick. I washed it and stuck it on Em this AM when she got here. Perfect fit Mom says, but she looks like a boy. Becky ordered a pink one from Old Navy but in the meantime I wanted her to wear it when I took her out shopping this afternoon so I fixed it so she looked like a girl. LOL. She got tons of attention when we were shopping because I had it sitting slightly to the side so the bill was not in her way. Mom took a picture when she got home.




1 comment:

Texasholly said...

The haircut looks adorable! She is such a cutie.