Friday, June 5, 2009

June

I cannot believe it has been a week or so since I posted. I had a delightful birthday. It hurts less to age when you get this old. LOL.
A trip to Iowa to visit the Ochylski's is in the near future. ALL the Pearce's, Maggie and I are going to fly. Imagine that. Baby carseat and buggy. 2 auto booster chairs for Nick and Maggie. That does not even count luggage for all of us. It will be fun. 1 adult per child...I think we can handle it.

Today is Nick's last day of school. "School's out! School's out! Teacher let the monkeys out!" Now I have the monkey. Nick will be with Gramma 2 days a week and 3 days at a summer program near by. Mondays we have swim lessons scheduled for Elliot and Nick again this year. I think they will be pros by the end of this summer. No other big plans except the trip to Iowa, short of the boys spending a lot of time together.
It just figures that my first week with both kids John has to go to DC. I will survive....I will survive....I will survive.

Speaking of John, all is well after having the stent put in. We don't even think about it except to realize when we get a bill that we were so lucky to have this caught before it was more serious.

Many of you may not know but I am an avid Audiobook listener. I used to love to actually read but I delight much more in the spoken word. Narrators make it so much more fun to listen. I devour books but recently, through a recommendation, I listened to
Touching History :: Lynn Spencer.
Before downloading and listening I thought I had heard or read all I wanted to about 9/11 but this account of what happened in the skies the day of 9/11 had me in awe. So many things and experiences that none of us could have imagined. The pilots and flight attendants and their experiences. The FAA and all the other departments of our government who never imagined the horror of that day and were literally flying by the seat of their pants in trying to do all they could to put it all together. It is an amazing book. Non Fiction and I highly recommend it for a completely different outlook on a day that changed our country forever.

The most recent joy of our day is the band playing. Emily has discovered the joy of pounding on pots and bowls. The noise drives Lucy under the bed. I also may have mentioned Emily's dread of the bird. We have been working on that and I will get some pictures soon...but now Lucki comes on the kitchen table and has breakfast or lunch with Emily.

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Glad Joyn is recovering well and you don't have to think much about the stent. Happy belated birthday. Myself, I'm just happy for each more day of each more year. SO much loving left to do. Emily looks glorious making music - more big girl than baby in that dress and with all her loverly dark hair. GOod luck with the monkeys.