I used to love roller coasters. Going to big parks was not a thing my family did growing up so my experience is small but the few times I rode them I liked it a lot. Some jerked me around too much but all in all it was a fun experience. Caring for a baby is like a roller coaster sometimes. Actually I think a current mother or care provider for an infant/baby/toddler would probably agree it is ALL the time. LOL.
Our angel baby today is in a bit of a snit. It just figures. I went out shopping this AM after laying her down for what is usually a 2 hour or more nap. She woke up after an hour. A usual day, when she gets up, she will play for close to an hour in Papa's office and be perfectly happy. Not today. My poor angel was fussy, so when I came home Papa was feeding her lunch a half hour or so earlier then the norm. We have to assume these bad days are teeth pushing their way through but I sure wish they would pop. It is so sad to see her fussy and not be able to do much about it. Today I resorted to Tylenol. Usually the homeopathic teething tabs and gel works fine but not today. She is asleep again now and hopefully will take a long afternoon nap.
Monday night I finally got to meet "The Usual Suspects". A group of people John works with on a regular basis who have also become close friends of his. 2 were in from D.C. One from OK and the other lives here in Dallas but the opportunity never came up to meet her. It was great fun to put faces to names. Greater fun to enjoy in person the personalities I have heard so much about. We, well they, had drinks in the lounge of the hotel the out of towners are staying at then we went to dinner. Pappadeaux's Seafood, my absolutely favorite fish place. We did not get home until after 10 PM. Absolutely unheard of hour on a week night. I felt like such a "BIG GIRL" being out with adults. If your reading any of the "suspects", it was great to meet and spend time with all of you. I look forward to doing it again sometime.
Our angel baby today is in a bit of a snit. It just figures. I went out shopping this AM after laying her down for what is usually a 2 hour or more nap. She woke up after an hour. A usual day, when she gets up, she will play for close to an hour in Papa's office and be perfectly happy. Not today. My poor angel was fussy, so when I came home Papa was feeding her lunch a half hour or so earlier then the norm. We have to assume these bad days are teeth pushing their way through but I sure wish they would pop. It is so sad to see her fussy and not be able to do much about it. Today I resorted to Tylenol. Usually the homeopathic teething tabs and gel works fine but not today. She is asleep again now and hopefully will take a long afternoon nap.
Monday night I finally got to meet "The Usual Suspects". A group of people John works with on a regular basis who have also become close friends of his. 2 were in from D.C. One from OK and the other lives here in Dallas but the opportunity never came up to meet her. It was great fun to put faces to names. Greater fun to enjoy in person the personalities I have heard so much about. We, well they, had drinks in the lounge of the hotel the out of towners are staying at then we went to dinner. Pappadeaux's Seafood, my absolutely favorite fish place. We did not get home until after 10 PM. Absolutely unheard of hour on a week night. I felt like such a "BIG GIRL" being out with adults. If your reading any of the "suspects", it was great to meet and spend time with all of you. I look forward to doing it again sometime.


No comments:
Post a Comment