Saturday, November 22, 2008

Finally...a new day...news and photos.

Congratulations to our president elect and here's to the hope he brings for the future of our country.

Has it really been so long since I have blogged? Guess so. Not much going on here. John is home...working....but home. Travel has been stopped for the rest of the year. They are doing a big tansition this week so he will be busy. We will get the Christmas boxes down and I will start tearing apart the house to put it together for the holidays. Always fun and a good time to clean.
Becky, Chris, Nicholas and Emily are going to Chris's parent's house for Thanksgiving and Colleen, Jayson and Maggie are going to his parent's house. It is perfect for us since John will be working.
Nicholas just got his report card and is doing excellent in school. He is finally settling in to a more regimented day and getting less "checks". The work has never been a problem, it is his motor mouth and not being able to keep his "pockets" on the seat. LOL.
Emily is growing in leaps and bounds. She is a good baby and does her long sleeping stretches at night. Not so much during the day but nighttime sleeping is usually the biggest battle. Daytime will come...better come...when she starts coming to Gramma's in January.
Becky had pictures done. None of her friends can continue looking here. LOL. They really turned out cute.

I think this is the birth announcement but I am not sure. Penney's does such an amazing job these days.

Nick and Emily in their matching Christmas pajamas.


Miss Emily in her big girl jumper



BTW...my knee is awesome. Just had my last checkup until my 1 year anniversary date. Passed with flying colors. I may take Dad's place as poster person for knee replacement. I wish everyone had an easy of a time as I did. It is so worth it. The cold weather settling in has caused a bit of discomfort but the key word is "discomfort" and the doctor said most people only experience it the first year. The body has to recalibrate itself with the titanium in there. I bought it and hope he's right. Either way it is nothing like it used to be and is mostly at night when I am not moving around. The knee gets stiff. Considering the lousy shape I am in we are all amazed at how I zipped through the surgery and rehab. I guess you never know.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Great photos of Emily! Penney's really has come a long way with their photo sessions. I used Sears when the kids were little. Emily is a beautiful baby! I still can't get over that gorgeous head of hair! Nick appears to still be the protective big brother. How sweet! It's wonderful that he is settling in to school. Those grades are very good! I'm so glad your knee is getting great reviews from the doctor and the fact that you agree is fantastic! It sounds like you'll have a restfull Thanksgiving. Mine will be spent traveling down to Central Texas.

Judy Roney said...

Sooz- these photos just take my breath away. Its hard to believe that Penney's does work like this now. Emily and Nick are just adorable and I know you are so proud.
Thanks for sening me your blog address again. I must have erased it in error when I was cleaning up my favorites. You have a beautiful family.
Nicholas' inability to keep his pockets on the seat sounds very familiar to me but I love the way you put it.
So many of my friends are watching after their grands now and I have to say I'm envious.
Enjoy these precious ones. I know you do.

Sue said...

I don't get the credit for POCKETS on the seat. That is from Nick's teacher. She is a very special lady. Great for him to have such a wonderful teacher especially for his first experience in school with large classes and all.

Peggy said...

Fun to see your darling grands, Sue. Also good to hear how well you have recovered from your knee surgery. It seems like it has not been that long since our had it done. Being motivated to get up and keep active seems to be the key for many. I hope you enjoy your T-day even if the kids will not be there. Good time to start getting ready for the holidays. Since they all spent their T-days with the in-laws that means you get the mall on Christmas?! Sounds good to me. That is what our kids are doing too.

Peggy said...

Fun to see your darling grands, Sue. Also good to hear how well you have recovered from your knee surgery. It seems like it has not been that long since our had it done. Being motivated to get up and keep active seems to be the key for many. I hope you enjoy your T-day even if the kids will not be there. Good time to start getting ready for the holidays. Since they all spent their T-days with the in-laws that means you get the mall on Christmas?! Sounds good to me. That is what our kids are doing too.

Anonymous said...

Fun to see your darling grands, Sue. Also good to hear how well you have recovered from your knee surgery. It seems like it has not been that long since our had it done. Being motivated to get up and keep active seems to be the key for many. I hope you enjoy your T-day even if the kids will not be there. Good time to start getting ready for the holidays. Since they all spent their T-days with the in-laws that means you get the mall on Christmas?! Sounds good to me. That is what our kids are doing too.

Peggy said...

Fun to see your darling grands, Sue. Also good to hear how well you have recovered from your knee surgery. It seems like it has not been that long since our had it done. Being motivated to get up and keep active seems to be the key for many. I hope you enjoy your T-day even if the kids will not be there. Good time to start getting ready for the holidays. Since they all spent their T-days with the in-laws that means you get the mall on Christmas?! Sounds good to me. That is what our kids are doing too.

(I am having a heck of a time getting his to post here. I might have to give up.)

Victoria said...

Beautiful pictures of beautiful kids - I love the rosy pink quilt.