Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Wedding Day. June 27th




Well we did it. Married off the our last daughter. It was hot...like hell hot..and humid, but it was all beautiful. The joy in my daughters face, like nothing I have ever seen in a brides face, said it all. Jayson's family went above and beyond to pull all this together. It was wonderful to have Dad here and looking so great. Also, as always wonderful to have Mel and Dave. Our best friends. Colleen's second Mom and Dad. The pictures I have put in were taken by Becky's hubby and a great job he did. I will add the professional pics when we get the disc.

Hubby and my father standing in the room when we arrived. This was the homeowners association building where the girls got hair and makeup done and clothes on. Add Nick to that group.
This shot was taken from the HOA building looking down on where the ceremony will be.
Becky, Chris and Nick.
Chris followed the photographer. It will be fun to see how good her pics are. She does awesome work.
Colleen and Maggie.
Can't wait to see more of these from the pro.
BFF!! Maggie loves her Aunt Becky so much. Story behind these dresses. The day we shopped and found Colleen's dress Becky ran into Motherhood Maternity because it was a few doors down in the mall. She spots this pretty yellow dress and BINGO. Good to go for about 30 dollars. Maggie picked yellow. Maggie was going to wear her dress from Becky's wedding but dyed yellow. It could not be dyed. A friend told Colleen she had a pretty yellow dress from her daughter. It is perfect is it not? The girls look so pretty.
Colleen with her 2 Dad's. They walked her up the aisle together. David Colleen's right...DH on her left. The close ups will be great.
Colleen with her 2 Moms. I am on her right. Mel on her left.
Mom and Dad and Colleen
Becky, Emily and Colleen


Jayson's Grandfather and Father are ministers. His Grandfather did the prayer before and after. You can see him standing there but I don't think you can see Jayson's father. Later in pro pics. However.....Delvin did tell them a LITTLE KISS!!!! LOL
Colleen will be 30 in August. YIKES!!! I have never seen such JOY in her face like I saw that day. I pray the pro photographer was able to capture just a hint of that but I will never forget it.

The kids did not even get a cake lined up because of the last minute rushing. Rita...Jayson's mother and her family and friends were just awesome. They set these cheesecakes up to give the impression of a tiered cake.

And when all was said and done at the end of the night, and we all survived the heat and sent Jayson and Colleen off for a couple nights alone, Maggie and Nick headed home with Chris and Becky.

I meant to add these pictures and forgot. I am just learning how all this works. These two pictures were taken with an iPhone at the rehearsal on Thursday night. Maggie and Chris made such a picture standing there looking at the boys on the swing.


The rehearsal was Thursday night. Jayson's parents have a home in this subdivision. In fact you can practically see their roof from where Maggie and Chris are standing. (Not really.) It is about a block down from where the house you see is.
After rehearsal we were all invited back to their beautiful home for fajitas and all the great stuff that goes with them. It was wonderful. Their hospitality is outstanding and as I have said before, I am so grateful to have them in my Daughter and Granddaughters life.

No comments: